5/11/2007

Sens impress on Sabres ice


Mostly thanks to their successful special teams the Ottawa Senators managed to steal Game 1 from the Buffalo Sabres. Daniel Alfredsson continues to lead the way with his massive work effort (he really is on a mission) while also racking up the points for his team. Should the Sens strong powerplay continue in Game 2 Buffalo are in trouble. I'm sure the speedy Sabres will come back and take a few games, but, the consistency shown by Ottawa in these playoffs tells me they will reach the Stanley Cup finals at last.

Playoff pick: After the second round I was 9-3, which put me in third against the guys at TSN (Dreger and Pang are tied for first with 11-1, McKenzie and Duthie tied for second with 10-2). I feel pretty confident I will be 11-3 after the conference finals, having picked Ottawa and Detroit, a pick I share with only Darren Dreger, and again, Maggie the monkey.

No comments: