10/13/2007

Hull pulling for Forsberg


I do have a lot of respect for The Hockey News, but I still can't help but laugh a little when thinking about their advice to Peter Forsberg, that he should hang up the skates. I admit that I shared in the frustration with his recurring injuries over the last couple of seasons, but my disappointment was purely selfish. I felt robbed of seeing one of the greatest players ever displaying his skills on the ice. If he feels he is fit enough to play (which by his own definition is at least 100%) of course he should do so. I mean it's not like he's Eric Lindros, who last season skated around pretending to play hockey.

It seem like pretty much all of the NHL teams agree with me (why don't THN I wonder), since they all want him. The most recent team to enter the fight for his signature is the Dallas Stars. GM Doug Armstrong and his advisor Brett Hull apparently flew to Sweden just to talk to Forsberg. Not so sure he wants to end his career in Texas, but I do know that he's not done with the game.

***

The Chicago Blackhawks are 2-0 against the Detroit Red Wings this season, and it looks like they could really stir things up in a Central division that looks to be closer than ever.

***

Ottawa Senators-New York Rangers and New York Islanders-Philadelphia Flyers. Two great games, I'm sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers will keep their momentum at the Garden, but I suspect that the Islanders will bounce back to beat the homecoming Flyers who just had a tough trip out west.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: