12/28/2011

Classic Jerseys

Speaking of ugly jerseys... Yes, I've noticed that I keep coming back to this topic, but who doesn't enjoy watching the game being played in a great looking jersey? Here are some of my favorite jerseys from the past.


The classic Flyers jersey of the 70's. The fact that it's worn by Bobby Clarke and is covered in blood only makes it that much cooler.


This one, sported by Team Canada at the 1972 Summit Series against the Russians, is one of my favorites. It didn't have the players names on the back, just Canada.







This 90's Vancouver Canucks jersey is a classic. Why they didn't stick with that one is a complete mystery to me.

Who can argue with this one? The Whalers may not have been the greatest of teams, but few could match the way they looked.




Mike Bossy has just scored again. And he did it wearing what I think is the ultimate hockey jersey, the 80's Islanders.

Did I leave out any obvious ones?

No comments: