9/16/2012

NHL & NHLPA, you failed

I just want to say that I think it's a huge failure, both on the owner's and the player's part. I am a freelance filmmaker and my income goes up and down constantly. I know the players are trying to make it sound like they aren't greedy, but I think they have just lost perspective. I totally sympathise with teachers and nurses when they go on strike, because they are some of the most unappreciated workers in our country. But these players are making millions. And I know they will give you reasons for their actions. I just don't buy them. Of course the same goes for the owners.  They are acting out of greed as well. I dare you to tell me otherwise.

The fact of the matter is it shouldn't have to come this far. What right do they have to take hockey away from us the fans? It makes me angry that neither the players nor the owners seemed to even try to reach an agreement. Every day all I could read in the news was, "There are no plans for further talks at this point". And, I hate to say it, it makes me care a little less about the NHL. Thanks a lot!

This is what ESPN's Scott Burnside has to say about it. It's a good read.

NHL, NHLPA throwing it all away - Scott Burnside




...

No comments: