5/01/2014

GAME 7 PREDICTIONS

The first round of the 2014 playoffs ends with quite a bang. Three Game 7 and here are my predictions. 

San Jose were up 3-0 but were unable to put away the LA Kings, who suddenly found new life and now has pushed the series to a 3-3 tie. I'm not a big believer in history's impact, but the Sharks do have a way of choking in the playoffs. LA clearly has the momentum and are rolling after their poor start so I'm going with the Kings here. 

New York vs Philadelphia is a tough one. The Rangers have won their last three Game 7 but the Flyers are a typical comeback team. Wayne Simmons was great in Game 6 while most of the Rangers were not. I think this one comes down to which of the two goalies can steal the game, Mason or Lundquist. I'm going with King Henrik and his Blueshirts. 

The Colorado Avalanche will host Minnestota in a series which has seen only home wins. The Avs, and especially Nathan McKinnon, have been spectacular at home and I have a feeling they will be again. My guess is this Avalanche will roll to at least the next round. 

No comments: