12/30/2007

How can Tortorella still have a job in Tampa?

I can't seem to get my head round the fact that John Tortorella still has a job in Tampa. The Tampa Bay Lightning are sinking like a stone and I can't really see that he is doing much to changethat fact. Today they were handed a 4-2 loss by the visiting Philadelphia Flyers, who seem to be getting out of their resent slump, and while Tortorella saw glimpes of great play, I saw a desperate team that has run out of ideas. Vincent Lecavalier is being worked way to hard, as he is on the ice for most part of all games, and he is getting little support from other forwards. Why does Tortorella not give a guy like Andreas Karlsson more ice time? He could easily be a second line centre if given a real chance. Instead Tortorella is letting talent go to waste on the bench, while Lecavalier, Prospal, and St. Louis are struggling to keep the team afloat. I hate to say it but it seems this coach seems to be out of ideas.

I guess you're given a lot more leeway once you have brought home the Stanley Cup.

1 comment:

Niklas Olsson said...

To the person who wrote the comment containing CresceNet: Please write your comments in English only. I will not publish any comments in languages I cannot understand.