2/15/2008

Return of the idiot

When Chris Simon recieved his 30-game suspension I was sure he had played the last game of his career, I was even hoping we had seen the last of this idiot. Unfortunately, Ted Nolan and the Islanders aren't nearly as sensible as I had hoped. I honestly could care less about Simon and if he is playing hockey or not, but he does not belong in the NHL, period. Why are the Islanders giving this moron another chance? It is always sad to see an organization show no backbone what so ever.

"What I love most is playing hockey and when it gets taken away I realize how much I love it. Ted has always been a great help and a great supporter. My teammates were amazing. The whole organization kept checking in on me and seeing how I was doing and what I was up to. I really appreciated that"

Seriously, what is the deal? It sounds like he has been injured. The suspension was the eighth of his 15-year career. How many chances does this guy deserve? Simon also said he had learned from his mistakes. What!? Who honestly believes he has learned anything from this "mistake", as he puts it, and then why did it take eight of them for him to learn?

There is no such thing as a lifetime ban, maybe there should be for 6-8 time offenders like Chris Simon, but I think the New York Islanders had a great opurtunity... no they had an obligation to draw the line (I am trying hard not to swear now) and say enough is enough!

Eventhough I am no advocate of booing of any kind, I really hope this guy is booed at where ever he goes for the rest of his career.

As for the Islanders, they have won two straight games in their quest for a playoff spot, but in the end I doubt they will make it all the way. I actually hope they don't.

No comments: