9/19/2007

Best and worst

There has been a lot of talk, mostly negative, about the new jerseys. Don't get me wrong here, todays post is not about how great they are, because they're not. Before the season kicks off for real I just want to add a few lists of my own to this topic.. once and for all.

Best looking jerseys: Montreal Canadiens and Chicago Blackhawks

Worst looking jerseys: Carolina Hurricanes and Atlanta Thrashers

Most improved: Dallas Stars and Vancouver Canucks

Least improved: Ottawa Senators and Calgary Flames

A special award goes to the Phoenix Coyotes for being the only of the newer teams to design a clean traditional looking jersey and then sticking with it. One day this will be a classic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I agree, I'm not a big fan of the new jersey format so far but I'm sure time will work its magic and after a month or two I won't remember the old ones. A few quick notes:

BEST LOOKING JERSEYS

BOSTON BRUINS, CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS, BUFFALO SABRES (takes guts to say that), PHOENIX COYOTES (totally agree, always loved their upgrade from a few years ago-especially the whites), and if possible the MONTREAL CANADIENS "third" vintage jerseys. Have always loved the ST.LOUIS BLUES too!

WALL OF SHAME

CAROLINA HURRICANES, ATLANTA THRASHERS, NASHVILLE PREDATORS, TAMPA BAY (although a slight improved surfaced this summer). Dishonorable mention: NY ISLANDERS.

Now to a somewhat different subject concerning the same topic. I think it's been two years now since the league flipped-flopped the colors for the home and away teams. Today, the home team wears dark and the visitors show up in whites. This is something I still haven't gotten used to yet. Maybe I'm a traditionalist but I prefer the home team in whites and the away jerseys being dark.

Niklas Olsson said...

I must say I have never really had a problem with the home/away color change. A team like Detroit has always been a red team to me, so for them it seems fitting. Although that is not true for all teams. I think every team should be able to pick their home colors.